I’ve not been consistent about posting new pix… I have several of our trip to Shasta, and other stuff that I need to post, will do so someday soon.
In the meantime, I’ve been obsessing on a couple of topics:
- Personal finance
- Personal productivity
For personal finance, I have been revisiting Dave Ramsey’s books and radio show (http://www.daveramsey.com/). I love good quotations, here are several that I have jotted down from Dave’s materials:
- “Reading one non-fiction book per month and giving away 10% of your income will change your life.” Dave Ramsey
- “Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still” – Dave’s Grandma
- “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” Charlie Tremendous Jones
- “91% of all new car transactions involve some sort of financing.” and… “The average new car loses 60% of its value in the 1st 4 years.” Dave Ramsey, don’t remember the source he cited
- “Work is a surefire money-making scheme.” Dave Ramsey
- “As Americans, we buy stuff that we don’t need, with money we don’t have, to impress people that we don’t really like.” Dave Ramsey
On the personal productivity topic, I’ve been studying David Allen’s “Getting Things Done” book and methodology. (http://www.davidco.com/)
Some great quotations from David’s book to come shortly.